Solid Strip Flooring
Solid tongue and groove strip flooring has been used as an elegant floor covering for decades, with its warmth, style and class.
Tongue and groove flooring is designed to be laid directly onto joists, battens over concrete, or even nailed to old timber flooring and provides a tight plank-to-plank fit. Tongue and groove joints on both sides and ends of the plank ensure a continuous and stable surface.
The end matching (which is a tongue and groove on the ends of the boards), removes the need for ends to fall directly over a joist or batten. This results in less cutting and less waste.
It is designed to be nailed down and glued. 80mm board widths can be secret-nailed into the tongue while wider boards 130mm and wider are top-nailed for extra stability. Special widths of up to 240mm are available by order
Features and Benefits:
- Solid hardwood floors are excellent for asthmatics because they do not harbour dust mites or allergens
- The classic style of solid hardwood makes it virtually fashion-proof.
- A polished timber floor is timeless. It will look as stylish in many years’ time as it does today
- Timber floors are easy to clean and maintain and they are a long lasting floor covering that can be refinished many times
- Natural timber is one of the world’s truly renewable resources.
- A timber sub-floor permits access to the underfloor for ducting, plumbing or repair for cables.
- Solid hardwood timber floors are not recommended for bathrooms, laundries or other wet areas – this applies to all timber flooring.